SCODE Nakuru Jobs Kenya – Projects Accountant
Posted: Jun 9, 2013
SCODE Projects Accountant Job in Nakuru Kenya
Sustainable Community Development Services (SCODE)
Facilitating adoption of clean energy technologies and sustainable land use for enhanced livelihoods
SCODE envisages a just world of empowered men and women pursuing environment friendly approaches to natural resources management for enhanced family wellbeing and food security.
SCODE is recruiting for the following positions:
Nakuru based with regular field visits to Nyandarua, Nyeri, Laikipia
One (1) years renewable contract
The post holder reports directly to the Finance Manager with dotted line to the Executive Director
HR – PA – 06 – 2013
The Role Purpose:
In collaboration with the Finance Manager, Accounts Assistants and other team members, the post holder will ensure good financial management of projects, adherence to internal controls, quality reporting and compliance to donor requirements and timelines.
The post holder will provide timely and reliable grant financial information and analysis that leads to effective decision making
- Grants administration
- Budget management
- Grants financial analysis and reporting
- Reports verification and monitoring of cost recovery
- Capacity building to partners
- Managing grant audits
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA(K), ACCA or CIMA.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in similar role with a national NGO.
- Experience in preparing budgets and financial reports for international donors.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in financial management software including quick books.
- Audit background will be an added advantage.
Reference and background checks will be carried out in conformity with SCODE recruitment policy.
SCODE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Those that had applied earlier are advised to re-apply.
Please submit application letter, full CV and names of two referees to:
[email protected] with a copy to [email protected];
Or Send Hard copies to:
8 km from Nakuru town,
Along Nakuru – Nyahururu Road,
Behind Heshima Shopping Centre;
P.O. Box 13177 – 20100,
Closing date for receiving applications will be Friday 14th June, 2013
For more information about SCODE please visit our website at:www.scode.co.ke