Savannah Cement HR Manager, Distribution & Logistics Manager and Procurement Officer Jobs in Athi River Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 28, 2014
Our client Savannah Cement is a dynamic player in the cement manufacturing sector and are based in Athi River.
They wish to fill the following vacancies with qualified, self-driven executives.
Human Resources Manager
- Ensuring there is a proactive planning, recruitment and training of human capital.
- Ensure best practices in management.
- Drive a performance based culture.
- Ensure good industrial relations.
- MBA in Business or Human Resource Management.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Over 10 years experience in Human Resource Management preferably in large organizations.
- Proven track record
Distribution and Logistics Manager
Job Ref: MN 5922
Will be reporting to the head of Sales and Marketing in the Commercial Department.
- Ensuring cost-efficiency, storage and distribution of goods using complex IT and telecommunication systems and liaison with transporters, retailers and consumers.
- Analyze and give strategic response to external influences, such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures.
- Control stock, warehousing and ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of cement finished products.
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of cement.
- Forecast stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and evaluate performance.
- Analyze data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers and develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and generating new solutions.
- Implement health and safety procedures.
- Ensure 24 hour turnaround for resolution of complaints.
- A relevant degree in Logistics/Supply chain management or other relevant degree
- Higher diploma in Distribution Management would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years work experience in a Fast Moving Consumer goods environment.
Job Ref: MN 5923
- Vetting and prequalifying suppliers.
- Drawing up Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Negotiating best prices and terms.
- Liaising with transporters and clearing agents.
- Ensuring optimal stock levels.
- Liaising with user and commercial marketing departments to proactively relate planned purchases to market dynamics.
- A degree holder in Purchasing or other Commercial oriented degree.
- Holder of CIPS or equivalent.
- At least 5 years work experience in a demanding well run commercial company run on private sector standards.
- Fully computer literate, preferably knowledgeable in store manning software/ERP.
Email your application and detailed CV with at least two referees.
Please also summarize yourself as follows:-
- Job Ref.No.
- Your Name
- Current/Past Salary: Year 2012 pm; Year 2013 pm
- Year 2013 Benefits: If house state market rent, if car state cc
Email your application to [email protected] before 12 noon 29th January 2014.