SAPCONE Short-Term Consultancy for a Baseline Survey on Elimination of Child Labour in Turkana County
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 16, 2014
SAPCONE – is a Kenyan based non-profit organization supporting the education of orphans and vulnerable talented children. The organization is committed to the promotion of education as a fundamental human right.
SAPCONE mission is to facilitate the empowerment of children, youth and women through non-violent means, conflict transformation and peace education/training, livelihoods and networking in order for them to participate in building positive peace, sustainable development and respect for human dignity in realizing a just and friendly world.
Project: Awareness Creation and Capacity Building of Community members and leaders in the target areas of Turkana County to Prevent and Withdraw Children from Child Labour
Study / Assessment Topic: Context Analysis and baseline study on Child Exploitation with Specific Focus on Child labour and facilitate the inclusion of child labour prevention and elimination in County Government Development Plan in Turkana county of Kenya
Position Location: Turkana county
Duration: 20 – 30 days
Reporting to: Director
Click here for Detailed Terms of Reference
Applications should be submitted before 18th January 2014.
The selection committee consisting of SAPCONE and ILO staff will review all applications as they arrive.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Each application package should include the following:
- An application letter addressing the selection criteria including how the firm’s/group’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as the interest for the position. It should also indicate the candidate’s availability and consultancy rates. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A brief proposal for the baseline study with methodology and work plan (not more than 10 pages).
- A sample of recently written report for a similar assignment.
- Updated CVs for all consultants including relevant work experience and qualifications.
- A detailed budget
- Contact details of 3 references.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
All applications should be sent to SAPCONE at [email protected] with the subject line:
Application for a Baseline Survey on elimination of child labour in Turkana County.