SAPCONE Project Officer Job in Lodwar, Turkana Kenya
Hours: 5 days per week
Closing date: 10th December, 2013
SAPCONE mission is to facilitate the empowerment of children, youth and women through non-violent means, conflict transformation and peace education/training, livelihoods and networking in order for them to participate in building positive peace, sustainable development and respect for human dignity in realizing a just and friendly world.
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the project, through team work and supervision of specific delegated responsibilities for running aspects of the project
- Manage specific targets as set out in the project document related to the reintegration of beneficiaries of the project
- Coordinate to ensure effective, efficient delivery of components deemed the responsibility of specific agencies, notably ILO but also ensuring coherence with UNICEF on schools kit, FAO and IOM on livelihoods.
- Work within the project team to define work plans
- Undertake a supervisory role for the implementation of work plans when so delegated by managers and advisors associated with the project
- Ensure close collaboration between technical experts and individual agency financial and administration systems for the effective delivery of multi component processes in different geographical locations
- Supervise processes within the relevant organizational finance and administration, draft service agreements/other contractual arrangement with partners and prepare terms of reference (ToR), work plans and budgets; as well as means to supervise and monitor such agreements. Support the procurement process including the adjudication of tenders.
- Participate and contribute to project and thematic collaboration and other processes
- Complement the work of ILO technical advisers and team members, ensuring linkage between the project and other components within the ILO Kenya Strategies
- Contribute to “UNHSTF” harmonization processes; participate in specific clusters/working groups of the UN joint programme framework.
- In close collaboration with other UN partners, develop strategic entry points to enhance linkages among similar UN supported initiatives, in particular support to macro-level policy, institution building and common systems
- Promote the ILO Decent Work as it applies to project activities.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with NGOs, other UN Agencies and government departments operating complementary activities and initiatives
- Promote full participation of all the stakeholders in order to promote empowerment and ownership and contribute to the ‘one UN voice’ on gender, human rights and HIV/AIDS in particular.
- University degree in public administration, development project management or related field.
- At least 2 years professional work experience in youth focused or demobilization and reintegration or employment generation programmes
- Experienced in active labour market programme development and implementation.
- Knowledge of the Turkana context.
- Demonstrable extensive working experience in project management,
- Have high degree of professionalism, consistently approaches work with energy and positive, constructive attitude. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Maturity to peer manages partner relations in all facets of project work.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Aptitude and attitude to learn and develop personally within the present and future requirements of the programme
- Planning and Organizing: Develops work plans consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve defined project results; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings. Ability to work in a multi-disciplined and multi-cultural team.
- Communication: Ability to write in clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Ability to speak, read and write in Turkana distinct advantage
- Willingness and ability to spend 50 percent of time on mission in various parts of Turkana a prerequisite.
P O Box 125, LodwaR 30500