Sanergy Human Resources Officer Job in Kenya
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Sanergy is looking for a Human Resources Officer.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure vacant positions are analyzed, documented and approved.
- Position openings within the organization are widely communicated
- Qualified candidates are recruited
- External recruiting activities are planned and coordinated
- Appropriate selection process and criteria are defined for each process
- Conduct the selection process
- Manage transitions of staff from one department to another (in case of internal recruitments)
- Process offer letters/ contracts for all successful candidates (in liaison with HR Manager)
- Conduct reference checks for all successful candidates
- Communicate reporting date to successful candidate and all documentation required on first day.
- Ensure compliance to on-boarding plans for all newly staff recruited and those transitioning to other roles.
- Carry out training on staffing related processes.
- Disseminate yearly performance calendar
- Ensure performance plans are in place for all staff/team and performance is documented for each and every staff
- Performance reports are done for staff for both 3 and 6 months and submitted
- Ensure teams are adhering to the performance policies that have been put in place
- Monitor for contract lapses and transition of staff- trigger for staff changes to the HR team for updating of benefits etc
- Ensure documentation of all Performance Improvement Plans and terminations due to performance are available in staff files.
- Ensure that information is shared across the organization
- Monitor and review the Communication process
- Monitor staff issue log and ensure the concerns raised are logged and have them addressed by relevant persons.
- Support teams in coordinating their activities to accomplish their targets
- Communication and coordination practices are institutionalized to ensure they are performed as managed process
- Maintain official staff personnel files and ensure updated HRIS
- Serve as the liaison between Sanergy staff and benefit providers (such as health insurance)
- HR administration, such as leave management, maintenance of staff records, compensation and benefits administration and record keeping
- Ensure that enquiries in HR office are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Ensure and coordinate employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting and employee services
- Ensure updated staff development plans
- Communicate all training dates and updates
- Ensure completed training records and updated in HRIS
- Understanding, knowledge and experience in HR functional areas ( 2 years minimum requirement)
- Conversant with Kenyan Labor laws, International Labor laws, statutory compliance requirements and understanding of best practices
- Degree in Business Administration or any other business related course
- Higher Diploma from the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Knowledge of Kiswahili, experience working in urban informal settlements or other low income communities a plus but not required.
- Energetic and enthusiastic about working in Sanergy.