Sanergy Financial Planning Analyst Job in Kenya
Reports to: Finance Manager
Sanergy is looking for a Financial Planning Analyst.
Duties & Responsibilities
Business and Operations Analysis
- Understand the objectives and metrics of each Sanergy department, and ensure that each department is operating as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Develop budget and financial planning systems and processes to integrate financial results into the day-to-day operations of every department through monthly analysis of business results and metric variances.
- Work with mid-level management, providing them financial information and metrics, empowering them to become exceptional, pro-active leaders.
- Understand and develop grant budgeting and financial organizational and reporting systems for proposal development, grant management and grant audits.
- Analyze departmental budget gaps to effectively assign departmental budgets to current grants in order to accurately forecast fundraising needs and strategy.
- Serve as an advisor for divisional teams and liaise with the Insights and Innovations team on improving operational efficiency through executing core company interventions and analysis of sales, gross profit and operational performance, including ad hoc analysis of sales driving initiatives, product cost and new product tests.
- Develop and execute upon financial monitoring systems to understand the effectiveness of interventions initiated by the operating departments and the Insights and Innovations team.
- Participate in monthly and multi-year financial forecasts, typically working with team leads, senior management and the broader organization to understand and test key forecast assumptions and run alternate scenarios.
- Develop analysis processes and strategies for measurement of P&L impact, capital budgeting and return on capital of Sanergy projects and initiatives. Provide analytical to support to senior management.
- Experience in corporate finance, financial planning or management consulting role (2+ years minimum requirement)
- Understanding of operational business dynamics and key factors affecting performance and efficiency
- MBA or equivalent professional designation is preferred
- Proven ability to think analytically, strategically and creatively
- Proven experience in solving problems from conception to execution
- Superior verbal and written communication; multi-tasking, numeric and organizational skills are necessary
- Familiarity with grant funding, non-profit financial planning and donor relations
- Familiarity and deep interest in social enterprise and market-based development solutions
- Knowledge of Kiswahili, experience working in urban informal settlements or other low-income communities a plus
- Strong Management Information skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and excited about working for Sanergy!