Sanergy Finance Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 22, 2014
Job Title: Finance Manager
Company Description: Sanergy is a social venture that is building a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi’s slums, by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers.
It is our goal to provide affordable, accessible and hygienic sanitation services to individuals, thereby making a valuable contribution to their communities.
Role & Responsibilities
This position is accountable for managing the development of financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and financial controls As well as the internal operational management reporting, budgeting and and annual business plan.
The Finance Manager will also provide leadership and coaching to all finance and accounting staff as well as operational staff where needed.
Accounting, Payroll, Financial Systems and Financial Controls
- Responsible for the delivery of cost effective and efficient accounting and financial systems, policies and processes that meet the current and future business requirements of the organization.
- Oversee the Cash Management function, including banking relationships, petty cash and payables.
- Develop and oversee procurement function and ensuring sufficiency of internal controls regarding the sourcing of goods, requests for quotations, purchasing and payment for items
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop and oversee the Internal Review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are complied with in the HQ and field offices. Ensure effective follow up processes are in place.
- Manage the accounts payable ensuring, receivable and payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process and controls including credit management processes, working capital efficiency and statutory deductions are maintained appropriately
- Manage the financial system, ensuing maximum productivity and that it meets the needs of the business today and the future.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Oversee the External Audit, review and analyze results and recommend for approval the Audited Financial Statements.
- Prepare the financial section of the annual report.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
Cash and Risk Management
- Responsible for the management of the organization‘s Insurance and Risk Management program.
- Oversee the annual insurance renewal process and ensure appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
- Ensure appropriate legal review of contracts and solicit external legal advice as required. Review financials of preferred vendors.
- Manage ongoing banking relationships for maximum efficiency.
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long-term cash forecast.
- Perform all financial management reporting for the organization.
- Ensure monthly financial management reporting tools and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
- Develop and prepare a monthly Management Reporting Package.
- Present operationally focused monthly and year-to-date financials with accompanying analysis of results.
- Complete regular monthly reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, variance analysis and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Lead the quarterly outlook process.
- Provide ongoing financial modeling and analysis expertise to business partners.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Special Projects as assigned by Directors.
- Develop Finance and Accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the organization’s goals.
- Hire, lead and coach a finance team and recruit and retain high caliber staff.
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross departmental and cross foundation teamwork and customer service.
- Ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals.
Strategic Thinking and Planning Skills
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Understanding and experience with re-engineering processes and large scale systems change
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead complex projects through to an end point
Managing and Leading
- Able to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Able to build effective teams, coach and develop others
- An individual who seizes opportunities and takes initiative as appropriate
Influence and Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Relationship building and rapport skills
- Influencing and networking skills
- Able to work with and through volunteer/expert relationships and associations and alliances
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to grasp organization’s short- and long-term priorities and develop systems, processes and policies to support the achievement of them in a cost effective manner
- On an ongoing basis, evaluated and prioritizes activities, focuses people resources against key business priorities
- Business Degree and Professional Accounting designation required
- Significant experience in finance and accounting (minimum 5 years) required
- Experience in manufacturing or those with a supply chain back ground will be have an added advantage
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Experience with a variety of Financial software and tools such as Financial Force, Sage, Pastel or the like will be highly valued
- Exceptional Proficiency in Microsoft excel as well as Microsoft Office software powerpoint and word must be demonstrated.
If you are interested, please post your cover letter and CV athttp://www.jobscore.com/jobs/sanergy/list