Sanergy Fellows Program Coordinator Job in Kenya
Reports to: Insights & Innovations Manager
A unique opportunity to design a prestigious Fellows Programme from scratch for a rapidly growing high profile award winning social enterprise.
Role & Responsibilities
- Scope out, design, develop and coordinate a Fellow’s Program
- Work with Senior Management, Team Leads, and Special Projects Associates to identify projects that are critical to the success of the organization.
- Coordinate Fellows recruitment, including partnering with universities and intern organizations to find well-suited fellows.
- Coordinate with potential grants to fund fellows.
- Work with Senior Management to formulate and evaluate projects that are critical to the success of the organization
- Develop an overall strategy for the fellows program and a plan of attack for each project including budget, pilot plan, expected outcomes and Monitoring & Evaluation operations
- Execute upon the plan in a proactive, disciplined and timely manner
- Ensure that each project is handed over in its entirety as appropriate
- Develop the Sanergy Fellows Program to be sustainable, well regarded and desirable
Competency / Knowledge Requirements
- Experience in managing a similar program
- Experience in managing others, hiring, and interviewing potential candidates
- Knowledge of East African political and cultural landscape
- Experience with strategy development and implementation
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to lead people to deliver short term complex projects through to an end point
- Ability to communicate effectively and lead others through change and new strategic initiatives
- Ability to build effective teams, coach and develop others
- Determination to seize opportunities and take initiative as appropriate
- Relationship building and rapport skills
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Degree or significant experience in international development required
- Experience in Human Resources or Human Capital
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software