Sanergy Agricultural Products Sales & Marketing Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
About Us: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that is creating new organic agricultural inputs that will reverse the trend of declining harvests and increasing prices for farmers. We are preparing to launch our first agricultural input, a locally produced, high-quality organic fertilizer.
Role Description: Sanergy is looking for an experiencedAgricultural Products Sales & Marketing Manager to build and grow our team responsible for increasing awareness of our fertilizer products and completing sales.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience managing sales teams and building their effectiveness/capacity
- Direct sales and customer service experience. A willingness to roll up his sleeves to acquire customers and work with them.
- Deep knowledge of the agricultural landscape in Kenya, and specifically experience working with organic inputs
- Extensive contacts and network within the agricultural sector in Kenya (including medium and large scale farmers, agro-vet owners, extension services providers, and agricultural consultants)
- Technical familiarity with organic fertilizers. The ability to diagnose farmers’ needs and counsel them on improved farming practices.
- Excellent communication skills – both in communicating the value of our product to farmers and in managing a team and growing its capacity
This is a leadership role which will provide a varied experience with a high degree of influence and autonomy in a rapidly growing company as it launches new products into the market.
- Overseeing all activities in Fertilizer Sales & Marketing. Setting team goals, meeting sales targets, and reporting back to company directorship
- Working directly with farmers – Evaluating soil health and farming practices, explaining product benefits, booking sales, recommending application rates, and following up to ensure product effectiveness
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and managing a network of sales agents around the country
- Designing marketing events, campaigns and promotional materials
- Receiving customer feedback and working with our technical team to ensure that product specifications match farmers’ desires
- Spearheading initiatives to connect with co-operatives, export agencies, and other growing schemes to open up new institutional sales channels
- Building a retail sales strategy and piloting it in late 2014
- Working with regulatory agencies and certification boards to ensure good standing
- Monitoring field trials and contributing to technical efforts on product improvement
- Ensure compliance to all industry standards and internal quality systems, maintaining confidentiality and protocols.
- Generate data and meet deadlines, and analyse, write and present reports.
- Implement improvements to support the development of business efficiencies
- Minimum 6 years of experience. Preference for those with experience selling agricultural inputs, specifically organics
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a sales team.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Sales, Business, Agronomy, or closely related field
- Extensive contacts and network within the agricultural sector in Kenya
- Experience working with standards and certification agencies such as KEBS, Ministry of Agriculture, En-Cert, UTZ, Kenyan GAP etc. preferred
- A self-starter and critical thinker with attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written, and computer
- Willingness to work in a variety of conditions including field and office.
If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and CV tohttp://www.jobscore.com/jobs/sanergy/list