Sameer Africa Projects Engineer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 7, 2014
Career Opportunity: Projects Engineer
Sameer Africa Limited, a leading manufacturer and provider of tyres and tyre solutions with offices across Kenya and the COMESA region, has an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and resourceful candidate to fill the above position.
Main purpose of the job: Managing plant and capital investment projects in the areas of design, sourcing, installation and commissioning of new machines and equipment and modification of existing ones.
- Leading the implementation of assigned capital projects by preparing detailed schedules and ensuring availability of all required resources
- Establishing engineering projects master plans and ensuring implementation including commissioning, continuous evaluation and reporting
- Identifying alternative competitive sources for machinery, equipment and other engineering supplies
- Coordinating design review to develop appropriate specifications
- Leading the engineering team input in continuous plant improvement
- Monitoring and reviewing progress and performance of projects to meet plan objectives
- Ensuring machine availability and reliability through trouble shooting and redress during major and critical breakdowns
- Developing, training, motivating and evaluating departmental staff to achieve the highest levels of performance
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking for best practices in engineering
- Supervising contractors undertaking projects and ensuring standards and specifications are adhered to
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. A certification in Project Management will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years experience in a manufacturing plant
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of PLC, instrumentation and AutoCAD
- An active member of a recognized professional body (a registered Engineer will have an added advantage)
Interested candidates should forward applications and detailed CV’s through [email protected] by 15th February, 2014, indicating telephone contacts, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be a current or previous employer.
Also indicate current and expected remuneration.
The position title should be clearly indicated as the subject of the application.