Saman Associates Graphic Designer Employment Opportunity
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Saman Associates is currently in the process of recruiting aGraphic Designer for one of it’s clients.
The core purpose of this position is to create design solutions that have a high visual impact.
Designs will be required for a variety of products including but not limited to; website, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and corporate identity, e.g. giving organizations a visual ‘brand’.
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients;
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD) or Web Design Joomla, WordPress and PHP maybe an added advantage
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- Working on layouts and artworking pages ready for print;
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Developing interactive design;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and competencies:-
- Two (2) years hands on experience in a mid to large sized creative design agency involved in development of both brand a management, below and above the line advertising for Fast Moving Consumer Goods FMCG’s amongst other sectors as well as development of online solutions.
- A Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design or professional courses in desktop publishing or website development and management.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry software
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional creative and innovative skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and budgets
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective networking skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to cope with several projects at a time
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted