Sales Representatives Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 13, 2014
Rift Valley, Eastern and Central Regions
Our client is a leading ISO 9001:2008 certified company in the agricultural and construction industry with over 20 years experience in the manufacture of rainwater harvesting systems.
The company’s products are manufactured to international standards and are distributed throughout the East Africa region.
The purpose of this role is to achieve maximum sales, profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned region by effectively selling the company’s products.
The job holder is expected to serve customers by selling products, opening new markets meeting customer needs and overall sales growth in the region.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organization’s products
- Ensure gradual growth in sales of our existing customers
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales in designated region
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting & dispatch to make sure sales targets are met
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results and ensuring sustainable business growth within the region
Qualification and experience
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
- Minimum of 3 years practical sales experience gained in a hardware/construction/ agricultural company.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in basic computer packages.
- A fast learner, self-driven, goals oriented and results oriented individual.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good team player.
- Keen on details.
How to apply:
Send your application including a cover letter that demonstrates why our are the best suited candidate, a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Thursday 20th February 2014
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.