Sales Representative Job in Nairobi Kenya
The main purpose of this role is to represent the company’s Container Freight Station (CFS) and its container handling and storage services in order in Nairobi and its surroundings to secure new customers for direct “Consignee Nomination” outside of the Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) vessel nomination process
- Follow-up and maintain good relations with existing customers so they continue nominating their containers to the Company’s CFS. The Sales Representative Nairobi Area reports to the Sales & Marketing Officer, Mombasa Head Office.
- Sell the Company’s “consignee nominated” services within the set geographic boundaries. Ensure monthly sales targets and new customers’ targets are achieved
- Keep consignee nominations coming from existing customers
- Plan and organise daily work schedule to regularly call and email existing and/or potential
- Customers to secure sales appointments
- Attend meetings with existing and new potential customers
- Create, build and update a database of potential customers and sales contacts made
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of potential customers
- Design, and then adhere to company’s procedures for sales meetings and calls
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call and meeting logs, meeting reports, weekly work plans, monthly and annual analysis
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, services, etc.
- Recommend changes in services and pricing policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to Management
- Travel and attend to meetings at the Company Head Office in Mombasa every 1 or 2 months.
- Must be a degree holder in marketing
- Must have 5 years of experience in sales & marketing
- Mature person capable to work independently with little or no supervision
- Proven track record in an equivalent sales and marketing position
- Experience in or good understanding of shipping, logistics, transport or clearing & forwarding
- Good presentation and excellent spoken + written English
- Computer literate with good knowledge of email, MS Excel and Word.
- Holder of a driving license and, if possible, a car.
We do not charge for interviews.