Sales Manager Job in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 15, 2013
Sales Manager – Kisumu
A leading interior retail group is looking for a Sales Manager who will be responsible for managing, motivating and mentoring sales staff for optimum performance, and in charge of ensuring that the show room standards are kept high at all times, for an excellent customer experience.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for setting and achieving sales targets and should be aggressive, intelligent, and flexible to business requirements.
- Manage and motivate the sales team increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Ensure that merchandise is clearly labelled and priced.
- Keep the shop adequately staffed at all times, including lunch breaks and holidays, in order to maintain adequate levels of service.
- Execute sales strategies, and coordinate the sales team.
- Provide leadership in ensuring that the goals, targets and objectives of sales department are met.
- Ensure improvement in cross selling in between the show rooms.
- Mentor and adequately direct the assistant sales manager where appropriate.
- Ensure that tasks are properly delegated to sales staff in accordance with their training and abilities.
- Ensure that all sales staff has sufficient training in product knowledge to be able to perform their jobs efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that sales staff is helpful, efficient and courteous when dealing with customer.
- Monitor actual sales and make recommendations for corrective action where necessary to make up for any shortfalls.
- Ensure that adequate stock is available at all times.
- Work closely with other departments to promote efficiency in the organization.
- Assign and supervise projects to the sales team.
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues;
- Undertake any such responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Degree in business management or sale and marketing.
- Professional training in leadership.
- Proficient in computer skills with good knowledge of MS Office and data base systems.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in sales and marketing.
- Proven track records of good sales experience.
- Previous retail experience at a management/supervisory level is essential for this role.
- Ability to drive standards and deliver great customer service.
- Flexibility of working hours is essential.
- Ability to take additional responsibilities when the need arises.
- Able to demonstrate highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Monthly gross salary: KShs. 40,000 – 100,000/= depending on experience.
Deadline: 30th November 2013.
Send your up to date CV and cover letter to
Summit Recruitment & Training,
Summit Recruitment & Training,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in your email which position you are interested in.
Only candidates stating current salary will be considered.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job