Sales Job Vacancy in Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Category: Sales Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jul 20, 2013
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Area: East Africa
Location: Dar Es Salam
Purpose of the Job
To maximise the return from the sales team using latest methods and tools to ensure consistently improving (year on year) sales and margin levels from existing and new customers across the allocated territory with increasing market share.
Job Accountabilities / Key Responsibilities
- Manage, mentor and coach the sales team
- Produce and regularly review company sales plan, and manage individual sales team plans
- Provide accurate forecasts to management, with evidence, as required
- Develop the sales team through hiring, training and retrenching as required
- Maintain solid HR pipeline of future sales team members
- Drive behavioral improvements via KPIs
- Maintain competitor analysis and develop relevant counter strategies to take market share
- Enter new market segments / territories following thorough market research of potential.
- Support international colleagues on a non parochial point of view
- Company’s place a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
- Regularly update General Manager with timely and accurate sales information on a no surprises basis
Person Specification / Job Requirements
- Bachelors degree, technical discipline may be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years leading sales teams of at least 5
- Able to apply appropriate managerial approach as required (delegate, motivate, mentor, direct)
- Have the ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at both a local and international level
- High standard of business morals and ethics
- Highly committed to Company’s and its products
- Courage and Conviction – the ability to create a sense of excitement about taking on new challenges and a belief in your capabilities to deliver results.
- Maintain and drive conviction of “circle of control”
- Relentless Preparation – preparing thoroughly for all important management decisions.
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Holding people accountable – the ability to give clear and unambiguous direction to individuals and teams about what they need to do in order to meet the organisations objectives.
- Building capability – developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organisation.
- Compelling Communication – recognising that clear communication is the key to understanding.
- Leading Others – the ability to create a compelling vision of the future and provide inspiration, clarity and direction.
Key Role Interactions
- Business Development Managers
- General Manager
Direct Reports (if applicable)
- Sales Engineer, Service Engineer, ASM.
To apply below and profile yourself before 22nd July 2013