Sales Head (DTV) Job in Nairobi Kenya
The ideal candidate will be the Head of Sales for Kenya and Uganda is a senior management professional who will lead sales and distribution operations across Kenya and Uganda for the company massive Direct to Village (DTV) sales channel.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Taking full operational responsibility for all market-side functions of the direct sales business
- Recruiting and managing regional managers and senior field sales managers
- Setting up supply chain operations;
- Directly managing the sales team in the sale of solar ligths
- Training and leading the field sales team to create a large distribution network comprising hundreds of Business Managers and thousands of off-roll, village-level Business Associates in both countries.
- Reporting directly to the Global DTV Sales Director and involves 15-20 days of travel per month.
- Strong knowledge of rural and direct sales environments.
- At least 5 years work experience within Kenya or Uganda in village-level or semi-rural geographies. Experience in agent-driven direct sales industries strongly preferred.
- Significant high-scale field sales management experience. 8+ years leading and coaching large on-roll and off-roll field teams. A team-builder, coach and leader at heart, able to drive unity of vision and purpose across very large sales teams
- Significant experience and skills improving sales processes and marketing strategies in large sales organizations
- Strong sales planning and execution skills demonstrated through experiences in new geography launch; implementation of new channels or major strategic initiatives
- Experience of solar light systems is an added advantage