Safety and Health Officer Job Re-Advertisement
Help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that the company is required to follow, and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
- Ensuring all the policy on Health and Safety and Best practice is continuously being enforced by all stake holders.
- Continuously making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation and departments best practice;
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy including training the various employees on the policy;
- In close liaison with various departmental heads, carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced;
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry;
- Attending seminars and reading professional journals, advising the management of trends;
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins for the rest of the workforce;
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment;
- Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. Fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Should possess a Degree/Diploma in a relevant field
- Should have at least 3 years’ experience in Health and Safety
- OSHA Certification
- Professional training in Health and Safety including First Aid.
- Should have Sound Knowledge of Kenyan Legislation governing Health And Safety
- Must have good Inter-personal Skills with good command in spoken