HSE & Quality Officer Job in Eldoret Kenya (KShs 30K Net)
Posted: Jul 6, 2013
Position: Safety, Health, Environment & Quality OfficerLocation: EldoretJob Summary Develop, Monitor and co-ordinate all Safety, Health and Environmental policies, procedures & activities so as to ensure compliance with all relevant legal, Quality Management System and COMPANY requirements. Duties & Responsibilities
- Continuously develop, implement and review safety, health and environment Standards & procedures in conjunction with the Workshop Manager, in line with the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2007 and other Statutory requirements
- Identify health, safety and environmental hazards, investigate root causes and identify corrective and preventative action, and report to the management
- Conduct reviews on service station performance, compliance with set standards and documenting the same
- Provide training instructions and workshops to all employees and subcontractors on safety, health and environment, with emphasis on continuous improvement
- Maintain accurate training records for the same
- Conducting inspections and audits including monitoring and tracking of all SHE related issues and Quality Management issues
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with statutory requirements, Quality Management Systems and other internal policies
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager, schedule for internal audits and monitor corrective action for deficient findings for completion & effectiveness, providing gap closure assistance
- Proactively identify emerging issues in Safety, Health and environment Management system
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager to ensure all statutory audits are carried out and licenses issued
- Liaise with the Directorate of Occupational Safety & Health & other SHE practitioners to ensure our SHE practices are up to date
- Maintain database of all safety incidences and accidents
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports on all SHE related issues
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time
- Degree/Higher Diploma in any Business related field
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- ISO Standards Training and Lead auditor Training
- Four (4) years progressive work experience, two (2) of which should be in the same position.
- Experience in ISO implementation
- Experience in Bulk Logistics of fuel, Jet A1 and Dry cargo is a MUST
- Experience in Dangerous Goods Handling is also a MUST
- DOSH and NEMA Certification will be an added advantage
- Analytical problem solving
- Team player
- Excellent supervisory skills
Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Accept responsibility for and in teams
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Maintain effective communication with your colleagues, both junior and senior
- Respond appropriately to environmental and safety hazards and function effectively in emergency situations.
- Utilize company systems effectively to ensure economical use of equipment and supplies.
Applicants who meet the above criteria can send their CVs to [email protected] on or before 13th July 2013.
All applicants should indicate their current salary details.Only successful applicants will be contacted.