Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Voice Services Planning Engineer
Ref: TECHNOLOGY_VSPE_FEB_2014 We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Product & Service Development Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager -VAS Planning, the Voice Services Planning Engineer shall be responsible for the Value Added Services offered to Safaricom subscribers.
The responsibility of the role shall include but not limited to the following equipment’s: Media Exchange, CRBT, USSD GW, Conference Bridge and new systems integrating to Huawei OCS platforms.
- Evaluation of new and existing hardware;
- Planning & design for new solutions;
- Implementation and integration of new hardware/software;
- Project management;
- Optimization of existing systems;
- Process improvement.
- Degree in Telecoms engineering/electrical & electronics engineering/IT/Computer Science;
- CCNA working knowledge.
- 5-6 years of work experience in telecommunication environment with VAS (voice and data) equipment.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday 24th February 2014.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,