Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
VAS Roaming Planning Engineer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Product & Service Development Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager -VAS Planning, The VAS Roaming Engineer shall be responsible for the Roaming services offered to inbound (non- Safaricom subs) and outbound roamers (Safaricom subscribers) with the main duties being:- Change management, product evolution and vendor management.
The role holder will also participate in implementation and testing of new roaming services between customers, roaming partner and sponsors.
He/she will also manage the project plan based on client’s expectations; provide technical support, troubleshoot to resolve roaming/IREG problems and ensure process improvement.
The responsibility of the voice services role shall include but not limited to the following equipment’s: Media Exchange, CRBT, USSD GW, Conference Bridge and new systems integrating to Huawei OCS platforms.
- Change Management;
- VAS Roaming Product evolution;
- Design Planning and optimization;
- Management of vendor solutions and ensuring that they are in conformance with 3GPP standards as well as GSMA recommendations;
- Have a full understanding of changes to technology shift e.g IMS interworking, PCRF interworking and LTE roaming guidelines as per IR. 88.
- Degree in Telecoms engineering/electrical & electronics engineering/IT/Computer Science;
- CCNA working knowledge;
- 2-3 years of work experience in telecommunication environment with VAS (voice and data) equipment.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday 24th February 2014.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,