Safaricom Transmission Configuration & Support Principal Engineer Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager: Configuration & Support, the role holder responsibilities will include and not be limited to
- troubleshooting and resolution of faults & failures in the access transmission and VSAT network;
- providing technical assistance to sectional and field engineers in the fault resolution process;
- providing long term transmission system solutions, configuration and support;
- providing second line support to transmission system faults escalated from first line maintenance & maintenance service providers;
- follow up with the vendors of the transmission equipment for resolution of faults escalated to 3rd level support.
- Maintain high transmission systems and VSAT availability to support customer services;
- Ensure transmission operational availability to support customer traffic and better user experience;
- Resolution of faults escalated within SLAs and offer support for the VSAT portal and VSAT nodes;
- Ensure all newly integrated equipment, services & systems follow & adhere to the acceptance criteria;
- Perform configuration, cross-connection and software updates on network elements and ensure VSAT deployment, optimization, upgrades, modernization and recoveries meet network KPIs;
- Analyze network KPIs, logs and warnings and initiate corrective measures to resolve complaints and faults;
- Ensure CAPEX/OPEX reduction by use of Next Generation systems and latest VSAT technologies;
- Undertake knowledge Transfer to functional and other teams.
- Drive the attainment of operation efficiency by automation of daily tasks, activities and reports;
- University degree in Electrical & Electronics engineering or equivalent from recognized institution;
- 5 years working experience in Telecommunications with at least 3 years of experience with a busy mobile Operator;
- Good working knowledge & understanding of transmission systems (TDM, SDH, IP and VSATs).
- Good working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, database systems and MS office tools.
- Excellent analytical & innovative problem solving skills;
- Ability to work and meet tight deadlines/schedules, attend meetings and implement action plans;
- Excellent presentation skills required when initiating a project, reviewing a process & highlighting long-term solutions to Network faults;
- Proactive in support & self-motivated and collaborating with other teams to achieve common objectives;
- Good public relations, communication & interpersonal skills when working with other departments or vendors;
- Ability to influence others;
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
Nairobi via E-mail to [email protected]