Safaricom RAN Optimization Engineer – Western Region Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager-RAN Optimization (Rift, Western & Nyanza), the role hold will manage, 3G Network Capacity and Quality Optimization, 3G project Management and coordination and 3G Database management and documentation.
- Manage and coordinate assigned 3G network projects. Ensure project timelines and standards are met. Ensure all project reports and documentation are complete and timely;
- Analyze traffic trends, redistribute CE ‘s, Coverage control, manage IUB & power congestion to guarantee capacity;
- Optimize Existing 3G sites in accordance with the agreed triggers for capacity, quality and coverage sites;
- Continuously monitor the quality KPI’s on drive test, scanners and customer complains.
- Trigger corrective optimization plans and manage to completion;
- Ensure all physical changes are updated on ATOLL database. Perform routine audit on sites.
- Maintain standards/3G parameter rules on all radio database parameters;
- Prioritize customer complaints and provide a solution/ recommendation within the agreed time frame.
- Identify and forestall potential complaint areas;
- Identification of Potential bottlenecks in the 3G end to end network and escalate to Core PS related concerns.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Science, with an emphasis in Radio communications;
- 3 years of work experience in telecommunication with 1 years minimum Hands–on experience in UMTS Radio Network planning;
- Practical knowledge on use of radio planning tool and nominal cell planning;
- Candidates with experience in Siemens or Huawei 3G equipment will have an added advantage;
- Practical knowledge of 2G, 2.5G network a must;
- Knowledge in tele-traffic Engineering is a plus.
- A team player with excellent problem solving skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Wednesday 11th December 2013.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
Nairobi via E-mail to [email protected]