Safaricom Public Relations Manager Jobs in Kenya
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Public Relations Manager
Reporting to the Senior Manager Public Relations, the job holder will ensure a positive image of Safaricom among the general public by fostering Safaricom’s ability to strategically drive this and respond appropriately to customer needs.
- Respond to all queries in respect of Safaricom from general public, media, special interest groups and other components of the firm’s stakeholder ecosystem. Ensure Safaricom’s leadership in managing issues pertinent to the industry is upheld and maintained.
- Ensure and maintain absolute confidentiality on information obtained and released, as and when necessary.
- Ensure that collaterals for Safaricom functions and other forms of communications by the company are prepared and issued in line with brand guidelines and are aligned with overall communications strategy.
- Maintain and improve Safaricom’s Public Relations strategy and that of its various units and activities, taking into account the internal and external changes in the market. Ensure that these are aligned with online reputation management (ORM) and internal communications strategies.
- Advise and recommend to Safaricom possible outcomes and response-scenarios based on strategic initiatives made in the year.
- Act as a credible and trustworthy liaison between Safaricom and the various vendors and partners it deals with in the PR space to ensure cordial relations and value for money in all operations.
- Collect and communicate information that may give Safaricom strategic advantage.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, periodic reports within schedule and to standards;
- Create and administer a proper filing system for the PR section.
- A Degree in Marketing and Communication/Public Relations/ Marketing (specialization in PR is preferred).
- A post-graduate diploma in Public Relations will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certifications in Public Relations or Mass Commutation (Diploma/ Higher Diploma).
- 2-3 years work experience in a large or blue chip company in a PR/Strategic Communications/Media Relations role.
- The incumbent must be a driven and motivated, can-do, team-player and must be able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili.
- Excellent speech and general writing and presentation/oratory skills.
- Ability to travel and work off-site at short notice, and sometimes outside office hours with minimum supervision.
The deadline for application is Wednesday the 31stAugust 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via email to: [email protected]