Safaricom Messaging Planning Engineer Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager -VAS Planning, the Messaging Planning Engineer shall be responsible for the VAS Services offered to Safaricom subscribers with the main duties being:- Change management, process improvement, evaluation of new systems, design / planning, implementation / integration and optimization.
The responsibility of the Messaging Planning Engineer shall include but not limited to the following equipment: SMSC, SMPP gateway, MMSC, SDP, USSDGW, PBB, LBS, ADC, CBC (Cell Broadcast Centre).
- Create KPI for new systems;
- Evaluate marketing proposals, P&S Vendor evaluation process – tender documents, weighted evaluation, recommendation report for new hardware, features and services;
- Analyze messaging network on a weekly basis against the KPI;
- Plan for software and/or hardware upgrades to cater for network growth;
- Minimize network and service impact for any change;
- Create and update handover system configuration documentation after software/hardware upgrade;
- Configure data for new systems with vendor engineer;
- Carryout a S.W.O.T Analysis of Projects;
- Provide recommendation reports to Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing services;
- Liaise with Operations to implement recommendations to improve system performance and success rate;
- Analyze the effect of a new/improvement change before & after implementation;
- Create and Improve internal and external process/procedures
- Transfer knowledge to Engineers and Technicians
- Build internal and external relationships with key customers and suppliers to deliver continuous quality solutions to business
- Degree in Telecoms engineering/electrical & electronics engineering/IT/Computer Science;
- CCNA Certified;
- 3 years of work experience in telecommunication environment with VAS (voice and data) equipment;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,