Safaricom Limited Systems Administrator Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Principal Systems Administrator the role holder will be required to provide technical expertise and support to Safaricom in the field of Systems and Storage Administration and Design.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers and storage based on UNIX (AIX, HP-UX and Sun Solaris), Linux, Storage (IBM, HP, EMC) and SAN.
- Analysis of server and storage hardware and operating system software;
- Trouble shooting and resolving HACMP, GPFS, storage, firmware, operating system, HBA issues on high end servers in a complex environment;
- Implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems;
- Provision of backup, security, hardware and software assurance;
- Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components;
- Implementation and maintenance of system standards and procedures on system related issues;
- Maintenance of a proper documentation inventory of the system hardware and software.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable University;
- Knowledge of AIX, RHEL, SAN, NAS and other UNIX certifications;
- 4 years of work experience as a systems administrator, in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed UNIX and Linux server environment preferably in a telecommunication environment;
- System Administration Techniques – understanding Operating Systems Performance, AIX, Linux, Storage and Backup enterprise hardware and storage;
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Good communication and project management skills.