Safaricom Limited Security Officer Job in Kenya
Posted: Aug 27, 2013
Safaricom Limited Senior Technology Security Officer Job in Kenya
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Technology Security Officer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Technology Security Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Technology Security, the position holder will be actively involved in the operations of the company’s security solutions.
The role holder will also enforce an enterprise security stance through policy, architecture, implementation, review and training processes.
Complementary tasks will include providing input into the selection and the implementation of appropriate security solutions and administration of any vulnerability audits and technology security assessments.
- Identify and promote industry leading practices for Technology Security, and security risk management for Safaricom;
- Ensure effective monitoring and operational management of the Technology Security risks within the company’s security risk management program;
- Input into the design, delivery, operation and maintenance of Technology Security tools and related processes (for example web & email content filters, application firewalls, SIEM platforms, Network Access Control management tools, antivirus platforms, etc.);
- Drive implementation and monitoring of security aspects of Safaricom Technology infrastructure and applications including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, incident management and resolution on all technical systems;
- Provide technical security expertise and support to project teams, so as to enforce security principles for all new Safaricom projects, products and services;
- Assist in planning and execution of incident management and forensics tasks including malware detection, reverse engineering and application intrusion (forensics) analysis;
- Play a role in the maintenance and continual improvement of the Technology Security metrics program;
- Provide regular reports (via the Security Metrics Program) on key aspects of the section’s responsibilities.
- Formal 4 year IT/Eng./Computer Science (or related) degree from an acknowledged university;
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CCSP/CISSP/CISM/CISA;
- Advanced Networking Competencies: CCNA/CCNP;
- Minimum of 3 years System Security experience – in Penetration testing and Vulnerability assessments;
- Minimum of 1 year focused Security experience in Incident Management/Intrusion (Forensics) Analysis/Reverse Engineering;
- Working knowledge of the implementation of ISO27001 & PCI DSS;
- Working knowledge of these technologies or domains will be an added advantage: cPanel, ModSecurity, Apache, PHP, CMS (Joomla, WordPress and PHPBB) and Cloud Technologies (Cisco UCS, EMC and VMware);
- Advanced understanding of information security technologies such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Antivirus, Web & Content filtering solutions, Network Access Control etc.;
- Experience developing applications using: C, C++, ASP, Visual Basic, Java, PHP, Microsoft SQL – Advanced;
- Working knowledge on the following Operating Systems: Windows Operating Systems (All), Linux (SuSE, Fedora/RedHat), HP Unix, Solaris and IBM AIX – Advanced;
- Working knowledge on the following Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) – Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL, Pervasive SQL – Advanced;
- Be highly committed, self- motivated, confident, enthusiastic and have the ability to perform well under pressure;
- Excellent communication, outstanding documentation skills and ability to work in a team.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Monday 2nd September 2013.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to [email protected]