Safaricom Limited Enterprise Technical Support Engineer Job in Kenya
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Network & Service Operation Department within the Technology Division.
Reporting to the Enterprise Platinum Support Manager- the holder of the position will perform complex EBU 2nd Line technical support operations for Global Enterprise customers and resolution of Platinum support escalation and liaise with vendors to offer permanent solutions to recurring problems.
- Handle escalations from Safaricom Global Enterprise customers, its partners and Safaricom special projects;
- Research, review and recommend emerging technologies and innovative customer solutions and liaise with stakeholders for technology adoption to maximize service availability;
- Oversee technical support engineers and effectively liaise with subject matter experts-level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair complex customer issues;
- Perform capacity monitoring and reporting on network resources;
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support for global customers;
- Perform root cause analysis on issues to avoid recurrence;
- Escalate and follow up issues with Global NOCs and relevant teams;
- Effectively communicate ticket status, service outages and escalate as per established customer support and escalation matrix.
- Ensure all customer solutions are documented;
- Ensure all running configurations are backed up;
- Ensure all Preventive and restorative procedures are documented and adhered to.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, BSc Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications engineering, MIS, or related field;
- CCNP, CCNP-Voice, CCIP certifications are mandatory;
- CCIE-Voice, CCIE SP, CCIE R&S is an added advantage;
- 5 years’ experience in technical support and preferably for an Internet Service provider or equivalent;
- International experience in offering technical support is an added advantage;
- Proven customer service/support skills with internal and external customers;
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, and log file analysis;
- Involvement in implementing and supporting products and solutions in an enterprise environment;
- Effective use of people and performance management tools to meet quality goals;
- Working knowledge of process improvement practices;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Hands-on leader;
- Strong work ethic;
- Capability to influence cross-functional teams and to build trust with team, clients, and internal departments;
- Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to understand and communicate highly complex technical issues;
- Commitment to quality.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,