Safaricom Limited Accountant Job in Kenya
Posted: Aug 31, 2013
Safaricom Limited Senior Accountant (Financial Systems & Analysis) Job in Kenya
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Accountant – Financial Systems & Analysis
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in Financial Systems and Analysis Department within the Finance Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Financial Systems & Analysis the job holder will be responsible for executing relevant tasks required in the development, enhancement and control in the use of the company’s integrated business systems i.e. Oracle ERP and incorporate the various business processes and integrations to other internal and external systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Evaluating and documenting all the business transactional processes that impact on Financial Accounting;
- Mapping of the documented processes to the ERP application in use and enhance process efficiency across the business by implementing best practice in operations;
- Enforcing system controls through master data management & system setups across various financial systems, User access management & System Security control;
- Identifying simple and efficient methods of extracting information to assist in the financial reporting, and risk management;
- Identifying modules / functionalities in the ERP relevant to the business that require to be implemented and justify their value add to the business;
- Collecting information and preparing written proposals & business cases for the implementation of enhancements to the ERP usage;
- Participating in the preparation of detailed project plans for execution of approved proposals within strict deadlines;
- Participating in the co-ordination of the execution for the approved projects and ensure business requirements are delivered;
- Preparing progress reports for project monitoring;
- Participating in projects with external parties where integration between financial systems and external 3rd party systems are required
- Coordinating training between the users and developers in Financial Accounting.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualified Accountant CPA (K)/CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent with Honours degree from a recognized university. An IT qualification will be an added advantage;
- 3-5 years Accounting and Systems experience;
- Hands on experience working with a computerized accounting systems preferably with ERP applications such Oracle E-Business Suite or SAP;
- Demonstrate proficiency in project management skills and competencies;
- Thorough understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards and experience in application and enforcement of the standards at the workplace;
- Ability to critically analyze processes and systems for enhancement of efficiencies and performance;
- Experience in preparation and supervision of basic accounting ledger entries and extraction of the Trial Balance and financial statements;
- Direct involvement in Corporate reporting for financial and management information;
- Ability to relate well with both internal and external customers and work in teams;
- Proactive, confident, self- drive for results with the ability to work under pressure and tight schedules/deadlines and with minimum supervision;
- Leadership skills and ability to train others and enhance their skills and competencies;
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If you meet the requirements and are self-driven, proactive and up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job reference number to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Thursday the 5th of September 2013.
The HOD– Talent & Resourcing
Via E-mail to [email protected]
Via E-mail to [email protected]