Safaricom Kenya Recruits Network Administrator
REF: TIT_NA _ SEPTEMBER 2011
Reporting to the Principal Network Administrator the holder of the position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to the business in the field of local and wide are network administration and design.
- Respond to support calls on telephone, data and call centre issues;
- Monitor, administer and maintain voice network security and countermeasures for availability and safety;
- Review with users and various stakeholders voice network traffic, performance and quality of service provided by network;
- Install, configure and upgrade the internal network and data centre infrastructure for effective use;
- Advice on the voice communication requirements of installed and planned voice network (Nortel) information systems;
- Carry out surveys to establish voice network (PABX) connection requirements;
- Maintain systems standards and procedures on the network;
- Provide input and expertise in project that require IT network infrastructure;
- Use network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve voice network problems within service Level agreement with different stakeholders;
- Respond to support issues and connectivity incidents for Safaricom’s Corporate LAN’s troubleshooting and IP Addressing and connectivity across the company;
- Documentation of EPABX network design hardware and software inventory.
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths or Physics from a recognised university;
- Certified CISCO engineer;
- 1 – 2 years experience in networks, managing a network of 200 + users;
- Formal professional training or work experience in networking and communications technologies;
- Knowledge of a networking environment;
- Demonstrates knowledge of CISCO IOS and proficiency in a wide range of networking LAN/WAN products and technologies;
- Good working Knowledge of server and back office products as well as front end operating systems;
- Advanced MS Office Knowledge;
- Excellent analytical skills and detail orientated;
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to learn and understand new processes / system enhancements quickly.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. Deadline for application is Monday the 12th September 2011.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
Via email to: [email protected]