Safaricom Kenya: Principal Retail Pricing & Planning Analyst
Safaricom is a leading provider of converged communication solutions, operating on a single business driver that has a peerless understanding of voice, video and data requirements. In keeping with our current business needs, we are pleased to announce the following vacancies within the Commercial Division.
PRINCIPAL RETAIL PRICING & PLANNING ANALYST REF: COM – PRP&PA– AUG10
Reporting to the Head of Department – Commercial Planning & Pricing, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that all devices (Handsets, laptops, accessories and any other equipments) are optimally priced and robust reporting models for retail performance monitoring are developed and maintained. In addition the person will ensure proper and accurate profitability analysis and reporting is done for management to make decisions.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Price all equipment sold in our retail centers including all handsets, laptops, and accessories;
- Review and present margin reports by product;
- Follow up with individual shop managers to ensure that all agreed cost control measures are implemented;
- Ensure that all retail budget lines are adequately catered for;
- Review and report performance of each promotion against approved plan.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in a Business related field from a recognized university;
- 5 years hands on experience in financial analysis, costing and/or management accounting;
- Qualifications in CPA (K)/ACCA/CA with high proficiency in Microsoft office packages;
- MBA qualification will be an added advantage;
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills with exception interpersonal and people skills;
- Highly innovative, creative with excellent analytical and decision making skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Friday, 20th August 2010.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: [email protected]