Safaricom Kenya: Law Enforcement Liason Officer
Safaricom Kenya is pleased to announce the following vacancy within Risk Management Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
LAW ENFORCEMENT LIAISON OFFICER. REF: LE_LO_AUG 2010
Reporting to the Law Enforcement Liaison Manager, the Law Enforcement Liaison Officer will provide support to the Fraud Management team by acting as a liaison between Safaricom and Law Enforcement Agencies, Service LEA requests , Tracking performance & data quality of the systems that are used to serve Law Enforcement Agencies(LEA) which includes Fraud Management system(FMS) and Equipment Identity Register(EIR), Support LEA by preparing for and testifying at court trials on receipt of court sermons from Legal .
- Handling of Law enforcement data requests by receiving physical and email requests from the Law Enforcement Agencies
- Maintain an up to date electronic data base for all requests received as well as preparing LEA letters.
- Develop a mechanism of achieving effective follow up and feed backing on tasks and customer issues.
- Prepare law enforcement data requests, reporting and controls.
- Handling of Equipment Identity Register (EIR) and Fraud management system by making follow ups on implementation of actions documented in the EIR &FMS fraud risk assessment and carrying out tests on EIR and FMS.
- Handling of Hoax/Fraud SMS and provide proactive reports.
- Perform regular reviews of exceptions reported in business information by analyzing, interpreting, summarizing and presenting for further investigations;
- Ensure that all offences of fraud, theft and dishonesty against Safaricom are investigated & reported in a consistent manner;
- Prepare reports with the objective of presenting evidence in a professional and concise manner;
- Gather relevant information that can lead to prevention or discovery of fraud.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business related Discipline.
- At least 1 year proven experience within a financial services environment, particularly in fraud or risk management areas or in external/internal audit in a Blue Chip company;
- Proven work experience in fraud prevention / investigations or having undertaken extensive investigation assignments in a blue chip company is mandatory;
- Knowledge of GSM and IT network will be an added advantage;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as testimonies, police reports, operating & maintenance instructions and legal regulations;
- Experience in carrying out interview and interrogation is mandatory;
- Excellent in Microsoft Office applications;
- Proficiency in the use of Oracle, Business Objectives, SQL and ACL
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Attention to details and result oriented;
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines under minimum supervision;
If you meet the requirements and are self driven, proactive and up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job title and reference number to the address below. All applications must be delivered on or before 30th August 2010.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Manager,
Via email to: [email protected]