Safaricom Kenya Latest Vacancy
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Eastern Region Network Department within the Technical Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
3G RADIO PLANNING SENIOR ENGINEER REF: TECHNICAL_3GRPSE_NOV_2011
Reporting to the Senior Regional Network Planning Manager-Eastern & Coast, the holder of the position will manage and coordinate 3G network projects; 3G Network Capacity Provision , Nominal Cell Planning and documentation and Monitor 3G KPI’s /3G Radio network optimisation.
- 3G project Management and coordination;
- 3G Radio Network Capacity Planning;
- New 3G sites planning, surveys, parameters design and release of accurate nominal plans, redesigns and integration parameters;
- 3G Network Optimization;
- 3G Site database update and parameter standardization;
- Prioritize customer complains and provide a solution/ recommendation within the agreed time frame;
- Identification of Potential bottlenecks in the 3G end to end network and escalate to Core PS related concerns.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Science, with an emphasis in Radio communications;
- 3 years experience in telecommunication with 1 years minimum in UMTS hands–on experience in Radio Network planning;
- Practical knowledge on use of radio planning tool and nominal cell planning;
- Candidates with experience in Siemens or Huawei 3G equipment will have an added advantage;
- Practical knowledge of 2G, 2.5G network a must;
- Knowledge in tele-traffic Engineering will be an added advantage.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is Tuesday 15thNovember, 2011.
This position is located in Thika town.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to: [email protected]