Safaricom Kenya: Commercial Partnership Manager
Safaricom is a leading provider of converged communication solutions, operating on a single business driver that has a peerless understanding of voice, video and data requirements. In keeping with our current business needs, we are pleased to announce the following vacancies within the Commercial Division.
COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER REF: COM – CPM– AUG10
Reporting to the Head of Department – Commercial Planning & Pricing, the job holder will be responsible for managing third party (Premium Service Provider) product development partners to increase revenues through marketing a range of products within their portfolio of partner accounts. In addition the person will manage the organization’s key business partners to deliver innovative and compelling products to both prepaid and postpaid customer base and ensure that the Safaricom brand is promoted and utilized in such a way as to enhance our reputation for first to market, customer satisfaction, market leadership and preferred operator for commercial partnerships offerings.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Achieve agreed and approved Premium Service Provider monthly and annual revenue targets;
- Document and approve business plans for the Commercial Partnerships portfolio covering marketing, revenue and product development;
- Ensure acquisition and retention of Premium Service Providers;
- Develop and execute strategic and actionable programs to ensure acquisition and retention of customers;
- Anticipate future market trends and customer requirements in order to ensure effective and meaningful product innovation and positioning;
- Provide the interface for Marketing (product and propositions) with the customers to provide insights and information to support the on-going development of Safaricom services;
- Act as internal product champion to support the approval, budgeting and prioritization of data product initiatives and concepts;
- Actively apply principles of already implemented global loyalty programs in order to ensure best practice in the Premium Service sector.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or a business management discipline from a recognized university;
- 5 years hands on experience in brand or product management in a highly competitive commercial environment;
- Good working experience in preparing marketing plans and budgets;
- Good project management skills;
- Strong familiarity with business management with ability to document and manage processes;
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented;
- A highly credible, strategic focused individual;
- Excellent communication skills with exception interpersonal and people skills;
- Highly innovative, creative with excellent analytical and decision making skills.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your resume and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the roleclearly quoting the job title and Ref No to the address below. All applications must be received on or before Friday, 20th August 2010.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: [email protected]