Safaricom Kenya Brand Public Relations and Sponsorship Manager
To reinforce our position as clearmarket leaders, we are looking to fill the following position:
Brand Public Relations and Sponsorship Manager
Ref: SM_BPRSM _ JULY 11
Reporting to the Head of Department Strategic Marketing, the job holder will be required to develop, implement and maintain Strategic Corporate Communication that influences all go to market Communication of the Company.
Ensure a positive image of Safaricom to the General Public by fostering Safaricom’s ability to strategically drive the company’s brand image and respond appropriately to the Customer needs.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Coordinate and respond to all queries in respect of Safaricom from the general public, media, special interest groups etc. Ensure &maintain absolute confidentiality on information obtained and effectively plan and prepare the required documentation for an approved sponsorship.
- Develop and continuously improve the Brand Public Relations Policy of Safaricom while Monitoring and reporting on the expenditure of the sponsorship activity budget;
- Advise and recommend to Safaricom on possible outcomes and response-scenarios based on strategic brand initiatives made in the year.
- To collect/receive and communicate Brand information that may give Safaricom strategic advantage over its competitors.
- Management of all sponsorship Strategy and recommendations to management on viable proposals to be funded supported and implemented.
- A Degree in Mass Communication/Public Relations/ Marketing (Specialization in PR)
- Professional Certifications in Brand Public Relations or Mass Commutation (Diploma/ Higher Diploma)
- 5 years’ work experience in a large or blue chip Company in a PR Role/Media Relations role.
- Excellent Speech Writing Skills
- Initiate and maintain good contacts with media and other information sources.
- Strong creative and conceptual skills;
- Attention to detail with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
All applications must be delivered on or before Friday 29th July, 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition,
Via email to: [email protected]