Safaricom Jobs – Service Development Engineer
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 4, 2013
Safaricom Service Development Engineer
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Service Development Engineer – Application Developer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Product & Services Development Department within the Technology Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:Reporting to the Principal Service Development Engineer the purpose of the role holder shall include activities relating to the application development and evolution of existing service applications including integration to related service platforms.
Application development duties include but not limited to specification, design, development, validation, documentation and evolution of the new and current service applications; performance management; ensuring integrity of the web based services; maintenance and fault management.Other activities include application development for marketing campaign promotions.
Duties include specification, design, development and validation of the promotion applications.Key Responsibilities:
- Requirement specification – eliciting & analyzing user requirements;
- Design – application functional designs;
- Develop – development as per user requirement specification and integration to other service platforms;
- Validation & Verification – oversee the assurance of application functional logic, data processing and error management;
- Liaise with software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems;
- Liaise with network administrators, information security to maintain network availability and integrity of the web applications;
- Track software advisories and releases to ensure application integrity;
- On a weekly basis report on the KPI of the applications & web services;
- Track web services KPI to ensure optimal service performance and plan for growth in capacity or licenses.
- BSc. Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT;
- Extensive experience with Java/C++ programming language;
- Extensive experience with Oracle database – data structures, relational data model, ACID, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL;
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications;
- Experience in software life-cycle development (SDLC);
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server and SOA;
- Preferred experience with Solaris, UNIX OS’s;
- Preferred knowledge and practical experience of application development on TIBCO/WebLogic environment;
- Candidate should have at least 2-3 years of experience in application development.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below by Friday 6th December 2013.The Head of Talent and Resourcing,
via E-mail to [email protected]