Safaricom Jobs in Kenya: Power Planning and Design Engineer
Safaricom Limited is one of Kenya ‘s fastest growing companies. We are at the forefront of the mobile telecommunication industry in Kenya . In winning the PWC Most Respected Company of the year Award – 2007, we have clearly indicated our position as number 1 in Kenya and the East Africa Region, this award was due to the dedication and professionalism of our staff.
In addition to this, our sound corporate governance, a hard working, motivated and happy staff and a loyal customer base have contributed to a remarkable business turnover and profit.
The Human Resources Department is a professional team of dynamic individuals who are critical business partners and who provide support for the business to achieve its corporate objectives and support individual colleagues in all ways possible.
We are looking for talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Technical Operations Support & Logistics Department within the Technical Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Safaricom Job Vacancy in Kenya: POWER PLANNING AND DESIGN ENGINEER
REF: TECHNICAL_SPPDE_AUGUST 2010
Reporting to the Senior Manager; Operations Support, the holder of the position will be responsible for the electrical and power engineering aspects of network roll-out site design/infrastructure products in line with delivering an integral quality network within reduced CAPEX and OPEX.
- Electrical design and planning of BTS, BSC and transmission hub site network rollout in line with design requirements from planning and engineering;
- In-house design and approval of electrical/power engineering specifications for operations support elements and Special Projects;
- Perform periodic audit of key electrical installations to forestall failures;
- Develop new and optimized electrical/power engineering solutions and review existing electrical/power engineering designs for the operations support elements to achieve energy savings;
- Evaluation of Technical aspects of Variation Orders and participating in Tenders
- BSC Degree in Electrical Engineering; or HND in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years experience in electrical engineering in a design role within consultancy firm or reputable power company interpreting;
- Excellent in technical project management;
- Good networking, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is 17th August 2010.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to