Safaricom Investment Cooperative CEO Job in Nairobi Kenya
Our client is a medium sized Investment Cooperative located in Nairobi with membership open to the public.
The jobholder will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization’s operations, using financially sound and Investment- oriented business practices to increase its net operating income while providing high quality services to its customers.
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Research and write discussion papers, analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
- Administer the affairs of the Investments Cooperative in accordance with organizational policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of official records, by-laws, and standing rules according to Board action.
- Attend meetings, disseminating information between governance bodies and staff, and reporting on workplace operations, finances, planning, and other matters as necessary.
- Proactively provide information, history, continuity, support and guidance to all governance bodies and members, in conjunction with the staff team.
- Advise the Central Management Committee when legal counsel is needed and coordinate legal resources
- Oversee contracting services and member records retention.
- Ensure provision of information and guidance to Cooperative members.
- Oversee the provision of outreach and marketing services to ensure optimum uptake for Cooperative products and services.
- Ensure provision of education and training programs to the Cooperative leadership, and Cooperative members.
- Oversee relations with the Ministry of Cooperative Development, and other cooperative organizations
- Provide vision regarding overall financial health
- Provide vision and leadership in long-range fiscal planning to ensure the continuity and solvency
- Provide recommendations regarding investments strategies.
- Oversee preparation of annual budget, regular variance statements; ensure proper management of the Investment Cooperative accounts and preparation of periodic financial reports and bi-annual audit.
- Oversee fundraising efforts as and when necessary.
- Develop annual plan for staffing the Investments Cooperative workplace.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate and, if necessary recommend dismissal of staff members as specified in the Investments Cooperative Staff Operations Manual
- Oversee workplace operations, including holding staff meetings and retreats, and working with staff to maintain and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that all staff members receive appropriate training to perform their jobs effectively.
- Revise staff job descriptions when necessary to increase efficiency and achievement of the organization’s goals, with input from staff and other appropriate resources.
- Oversee administration of staff benefits.
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel and other administrative records.
- Promote effective communication on all levels of the organization.
- Ensure that the functions and needs of the workplace are understood by the leadership
- Participate as a member of various internal committees as and when required
- Respond to internal and external audit queries as and when required
- Carry any other duties as may be assigned
- Educational Requirements: The minimum education level required to perform this job.
- Degree Business Management /Finance /Economics or related field
- At least 10 years’ experience, with 5 in senior management
- Knowledge of Investment management, Cooperative management, property and real estate
- Good understanding of the internal policies, systems and procedures of the organization
- Additional skills:
- Leadership/Supervisory management skills
- Interpersonal/formal communication (oral and written) skills
- Planning and organizing skills/quality orientation
- Computer literacy skills – Ms Office applications
- Negotiation skills
We do not charge for interviews.
Please note your current salary on your CV.