Safaricom Business Systems Planning Developer Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Systems Planning, the role holder will be responsible for development and 3rd line support of Safaricom Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI) systems ranging from user analysis, design and development to implementation and maintenance.
- Systems analysis: Conduct business user requirements analysis and specification, specify computer system requirements for the solution of complex business problems and formulate designs for their solutions, perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that business application systems can be effectively developed and implemented;
- Software Design and Programming: Design and develop front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications, capture business applications information needs and map the same to the software and /or database components, perform data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
- Testing, Troubleshooting and 3rd line Support: Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the developed systems meet specifications, work directly with the IT support personnel and teams to resolve issues identified and escalated during daily operations, perform root cause analysis for recurring incidents, formalize test plans and implement troubleshooting procedures;
- Research and Development: Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications, generate ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business, participate and have membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team.
- Degree in Computer Science or technical related field;
- Certification in Database systems and RDBMS systems;
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer;
- 1 years Oracle Siebel and Tibco EAI development experience;
- 2 years development experience with Microsoft development tools e.g. Java, VB, Fox Pro, Visual FoxPro;
- 2 years development experience with low level programming C++, C;
- 2 years of work experience with RDMS preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, and Informix;
- Experience in Business Systems modeling and data retrieval;
- 4GL for programming – Visual Basic/Oracle Application builder;
- Unix user skills;
- Experience in processes and procedures management.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,