Safaricom Business Analysis & Architecture Analyst Job in Kenya
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Systems Analysis & Architecture the role holder will be the liaison between business system users and the information technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned.
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users;
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards;
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture;
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members;
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems;
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements;
- Ensure that IT systems are aligned with Safaricom business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure development costs for new business applications/products are reduced; there is Improved user/customer experience and quality assurance; and a quick reaction to urgent business needs, and any new regulations is observed;
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future;
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved
- Keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related;
- 5 years of experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Business analysis skills ( Advanced level);
- Excellent systems analysis skills;
- Knowledgeable on Logical and physical data modeling, relational databases;
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools;
- Demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to persons at all technical levels;
- Expertise in enterprise architecture;
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Desire to continually learn new skills
- Experience in cloud and managed services will be an added advantage.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,