RitePak Technical Engineer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 28, 2014
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Positions available: 1
Start date: 2014-05-01
Job Description: This is a technical position that involves a broad range of responsibilities that will support the manufacturing process on the production floor.
The successful candidate will work with the production manager in a support role.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains the production work flow by monitoring the process and setting processing variables
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all equipment and resources
- Ensuring product quality is maintained and goods are manufactured according to established policies and procedures
- Compiles and analyzes production data to ensure that the production process is run efficiently and cost effectively
- Coordinates with the sales department to ensure that needed components are delivered to meet scheduled delivery dates
- Monitors inventory of products and raw materials to make sure raw materials are ordered on time to avoid shortages
- Assesses all phases of production operations to establish priorities and sequences for product completion.
- Works on continuous improvement of production processes to reduce waste increase efficiency
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in mechanical/manufacturing engineering
- Recent graduate
- 1-2 years experience. Internships considered
- Ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Experience with CAD is highly desired and will be an added bonus
- Willingness to work in other job functions
Please include a cover letter with a statement on why you believe you are the best candidate for the job.
Also include your expected level of remuneration.
How to Apply
Please email: [email protected]