Ringier Kenya – IT Job Vacancy
Category: IT Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Ringier Kenya PHP Developer Job Vacancy
Want to join a fun, exciting internet company? Ringier Kenya
Ringier Kenya is a branch of a leading international media company with over 8,000 employees worldwide. Be a part of our small but dynamic team and experience the thrill of being part of one of Africa’s fastest growing internet companies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participating in a team-oriented environment to develop complex web-based applications.
- Maintaining existing codebase, to include troubleshooting bugs and adding new features.
- Developer will code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- DB Design and Development. Developer will be expected to code, update, debug and optimize SQL
Skills and Abilities
- OOP experience.
- Experience working with Joomla CMS required.
- Experience working with large MySQL databases and complicated database structures.
- Knowledge of and experience applying design patterns e.g MVC a plus.
- Knowledge of international web standards and protocols is very important.
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology.
- Must be able to stay on top of advancing internet and computer technology and its effects to the business environment.
Qualifications and Requirements : Ringier Kenya
- A Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or any Software Development related qualification is advantageous.
- All shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a small Joomla task to build a custom extension using Joomla 2.5 (to be provided).
Location: The position is based in Ringier Kenya Nairobi
In order to be considered for an interview, email your application to [email protected] by 28th June 2013.