Riara University Head of ICT Program / Lecturer Job in Kenya
Posted: Sep 25, 2013
Dynamic People Consulting is recruiting a Head of ICT Program / Lecturer for one of its clients, Riara University.
The main role of the Head of ICT Program / Lecturer will be to provide strategic leadership for the ICT program, plan and coordinate lectures and spear head innovative technologies / projects that ensure the University maintains a competitive edge.
- Develop and implement the Information Communication Technology strategy, to support the University’s strategic goals;
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the sales and marketing strategy to ensure sustainable enrolment of students at the University;
- Provide leadership in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, marking policies, assessment and learning strategies in the ICT department;
- Deliver instructor led sessions, monitor student progress during training, provide support and advice to enable the students to become competent users of the packages taught;
- Actively monitor and respond to ICT curriculum development and initiatives at international, regional and local levels;
- Work with the ICT Department, subject matter experts and other colleagues to develop and or enhance training documentation to support the delivery of the ICT and ICDL certification programme;
- Develop or enhance the ICT training documentation to support in-house and at client site training events;
- Manage the relationship with all key stakeholders both internally and externally and maintain appropriate communication with them;
- Deliver custom made training solutions to clients at their training sites;
- To continuously transform and improve the operational efficiency of the University by the application of appropriate technologies;
- Act as a subject area expert and participate in providing advice and support for new projects.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT/Computer Science or Management Information Systems from a recognized University;
- Minimum of six (6) years progressive experience in a similar position;
- Possess relevant professional certification;
- Have a proven track record in marketing of ICT courses to both individuals and organizations and should demonstrate a good level of understanding of how optimum enrollment will be achieved and maintained;
- Should have a good understanding of the Jubilee Laptop implementation programme;
- Should have a good understanding of the current emerging ICT trends;
- Possess excellent analytical and report-writing skills with a grasp of contemporary developments in ICT;
- Possess excellent organizational, leadership, management, resource mobilization and decision making skill;
- Should be a creative and innovative team player.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please apply for the position by sending your CV to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted