Retail Sales Manager Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Position Objective: Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities within consumer goods Division by directing a sales team across the country and providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and targets
- Plan, direct and coordinate consumer goods sales operations/team within the assigned territory (Country) for both modern and traditional retail outlets.
- Develop business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of set sales targets/profitability
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team. Coach, manage, evaluate and develop members of his/her team
- Prepare and manage approved consumer goods departmental budget. Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Initiate, coordinate & develop action plans to penetrate new markets and ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel
- Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and advice dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and promotion techniques
- Review market trends to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sale campaigns in line with company goals
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion program plans
- Responsible for maintaining and improving relationships with clients and participate in the development and implementation of best business practices to optimize sales
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Bachelor Degree preferably in marketing plus at least 6 years sales management experience in the consumer goods realm. Proven success in outside sales environment will be a definite advantage
- A highly self-driven, motivated, disciplined, consultative sales professional who consistently demonstrates resilience and good sales/marketing skills and proven experience in business development
- Experience in handling distribution network, setting dealerships, monitoring sales performance per dealer, creating sales driven campaigns and willingness to travel extensively
- The ideal candidate will be one who has manager a sales force of 4-8 supervisors / team leaders and 30-50 sales people in a consumer goods environment
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
- The person should be familiar with using and ER system and must have experience in launching new products into the market.
- Previous experience in dealing with senior management at Nakumatt, Uchumi, Tusky¹s and Naivas a plus.
- Their Detailed Cvs,
- Indicating Your Availability
- Expected Salary