Resolution Insurance Internal Auditor Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 3, 2014
Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to the market needs.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Appraise progressively the soundness, adequacy and application of the internal control systems;
2. reports risk management and internal control deficiencies identified directly to the audit committee and provides recommendations for improving the organisation’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance
3. Ascertain the extent to which the system of internal control ensures compliance with the company’s procedures and other applicable laws and regulations;
4. Ascertain that the system of internal control operates to ensure that the assets of the company are properly controlled and safeguarded from losses arising from fraud, irregularity or corruption;
5. Ascertain that there are adequate controls to ensure reliability of accounting and other information as a basis for producing accounts and for financial, statistical and other returns;
6. Ascertain that there is an adequate internal control system to ensure the integrity and reliability of financial and other information provided to extern;al parties;
7. Teams with other internal and external resources as appropriate
8. Maintains open communication with management and the audit committee;
9. Evaluates information security and associated risk exposures;
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related from a recognized institution
- Must be CPA /ACCA Finalist or holder of equivalent qualification
- CISA will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer software applications and finance software applications
- Professional experience in accounting and auditing in a reputable firm
- At least 3 years in a senior audit role
- Great analytical and planning skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Good self management skills
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly email your:
1. Application letter
2. Updated CV listing three references
3. Expected remuneration package
4. Availability should you be offered the position
By COB, Tuesday 4th February 2014 to [email protected]
Ensure that you quote the position in the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.