Research Field Manager – Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: Research Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 9, 2013
Research Field Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Our client is a world leader in market research, global market information and business analysis.
They are looking for a Field Manager to work in the Nairobi area, who shall report to the Field Operations Manager.
To manage the service with efficiency, flexibility and quality of work, taking into account the budget requirements
To supervise the data collection for all quantitative studies
Department Management as per objectives set [budget, timings, deadlines, etc]
- Calculates and/or supervises the field costs of quantitative studies
- Plans and coordinates the various stages of quantitative studies (Production, Field, Editing, Data processing)
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of projects for the various Operations services
- Organizes all fieldwork subcontracting (costs demands, choice of the subcontractor, relationship with the subcontractor) for studies
- Ensures timing and quotas are respected
- Makes summarized reports of fieldwork feedback for every project
- Prepares, sends and/or supervises the fieldwork updates that are analysed by client services
- Takes part in or supervises the general briefing of the interviewers and supervisors about the research.
- Proposes specific controls
- Checks the administrative management of the interviewers and supervisors (contracts, elements of pay)
- Carries out the evaluation interviews of team members
- Suggests improvements to standard processes
- Supports strategies for building team effectiveness
- Supports an environment of work excellence by ensuring own performance is consistently optimal
- Advisor for team and other internal services
- Constructively brings attention to issues of poor performance within team and suggests possible solutions
- Requests technical support / back up / by team members
Client service team relationship development
- Seeks to build inter-departmental relationships productively
- Interacts effectively with varying levels with different backgrounds and perspectives
Key challenges & opportunities
- Creative and decisive under pressure
- Acute flexibility and adaptability
- Manage diversity in a complex context
- Number of people reporting to this job: 5-7
- Recommending: [Size of P&L responsibility, budget targets, growth targets]
- Regular extensive contact within department and with other departments such as research, project logistics and field.
- Regular and extensive contact with subcontractors
- Bachelor’s degree in any Statistics/Mathematics or a similar degree
- At least 2 years experience in Research
- Have a good understanding of research methodologies and sampling
- Field Interviewing Experience across methodology type
- Management: Team Leader experience
- Quantitative Research Process with specific questionnaire and research design knowledge
- Conversant with budgets, timings and quotas [commercial]
- Team leadership: Orient/train others;
- Communication skills
- Technical – as per job
- Analysis, troubleshooting, decision-making: Varied: establish general objectives
- relative to project; independent judgment required
- Planning and organising
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Sense of customer service
- Project related complex decision making: Ability to make propositions
- Detail focus
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title (Field Manager) on the email subject to [email protected]
The job closes 16th of September 2013.
We do not charge for interviews.
Kindly indicate current or last salary in the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge for interviews.