Research and Data Officer (Business Development) Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is an alliance of independent top tier African law firms. It is the largest grouping of its kind in Africa, with close working relationships across its members and an established network of Best Friends across the continent.
The Officer works with the Marketing & Business Development team to prepare comprehensive research on clients and potential client companies for lawyers who are positioned to utilize this intelligence to increase Firm business.
- Provides Network and Firm lawyers with key information and analyses on existing and potential clients’ businesses and legal needs, helping to increase their competitive edge and ability to win business or cross-sell other lawyers.
- Helps articulate qualitative interpretations that enable the attorneys to have a more competitive edge in the RFP process.
- Strategizes cross-selling activities by providing charts and spreadsheets in city-focused, geographical, company tree or other customized format.
- Creates, maintains and updates extensive collection of all network location city spreadsheets consisting of top public and private companies as determined and ranked by various market-specific business journals.
- Perform data and content entry for the Firm’s marketing systems. Process updates from Business Development staff, attorneys, secretaries and other functional departments, as well as external sources.
- Perform regular data and content maintenance for the Firm’s marketing systems. Conduct audits and run searches/reports to ensure the validity and timeliness of information. Document process and procedure to ensure standards are met.
- Evaluates potential business and competitive intelligence resources the Network might consider acquiring for attorney and Marketing Team utilization.
Skills & Qualifications:
- B.A. in Marketing or related field
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and various online databases
- Previous law firm experience is a definite plus
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on