Research Assistant Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 21, 2013
Our client, a Business Strategy Consultancy is in need of aResearch Assistant.
The Research Assistant will be in charge of the following:
- Mining various sources be it online (Basically a Google Guru), libraries, journals, media, government/county information services and everywhere to curate data for reference whenever they need any information needed to make decisions.
- The individual should be resourceful, be able to understand requirements of the data requirement briefs given to them, be creative and youthful.
- The successful candidate should be able to collect information that will help our clients in making important business decisions as it relates to areas of: Marketing, products, competition, new market developments, industry statistics, trends, statistics on various issues, new entrants into the market, market dynamics, consumer demographics, government developments and county information amongst others.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- First degree in social sciences or a science related area (computers, statistics, economics)
- 3 years experience in research projects especially (data collection and analysis) would be an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills including data input and analysis packages – SPSS, STATA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and to work with minimal supervision
NB: This position is less about being able to prepare questionnaires, sampling, data analysis (that’s traditional research work) and more about ability to curate data for reference from various sources.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates will be contacted