Relief International Jobs Kenya – Finance Careers
Relief International Jobs Kenya - Finance Careers.
Finance Job Opportunities in Kenya
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About RI: Relief International (RI) is an international relief and development agency with cross-sectoral programmes bridging relief and development
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Prepare purchase requests, payment vouchers and all supporting documentation as required by RI accounting procedures
• Prepare Requests for Funds each month through close coordination with programme and support staff
• Prepare payroll and ensure it is effectively and accurately distributed to all staff on a monthly basis
• Responsible for payment and reporting of PAYE and other applicable taxes to KRA to ensure compliance with Kenyan tax regulations
• Enter financial data into QuickBooks for monthly HQ reporting and ensure submission of the RI monthly finance report per RI policy
• Ensure all backup documentation is properly organized and filed for complete transparency and audit purposes
• Facilitate external and internal audit, preparing required documentation and following up on all queries as necessary
• Responsibility for cash management of Nairobi office, including handling cash, the office safe and maintaining a petty cash register (after successful completion of probation period)
• Act as signatory on all RI Kenya bank accounts and maintain good working relationship with the bank (after successful completion of probation period)
• Coordinate and maintain cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet monthly working requirements
• Perform preliminary reviews on donor reports and BVAs prepared by Field Finance teams
• Assist with training and capacity-building of Finance team-members in the region
• Take the lead in budget preparation and monitoring for the Nairobi office; preparing RFFs when additional funding is required
• Assist Regional Finance Officer in ensuring that the Regional office is compliant with RI field accounting and procurement policies and procedures, donor agreements and audit requirements
• Prepare specific budgets and expenditure forecasts as and when required by supervisor
• Provide support on finance issues to East African countries as and when required and assigned by supervisor
• Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications And Experience
This position requires a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
• Bachelors degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent
• Full- or Part-qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA equivalent highly desirable
• At least 3 years’ experience as a Finance Officer, Accountant or Administrator
• International NGO experience preferred
• Experience of QuickBooks accounting package
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• High level of computer literacy including, but not limited to proficiency with MS Excel & MS Word
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, 3 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after interview) with your date of availability to [email protected].
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The email subject line must include the following: Finance Officer Nairobi.
Relief International Jobs Kenya