Regional Recruiting Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Number Of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Africa Lead
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The ideal candidate should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders. We are looking for someone who wants to be the best at what they do.
We’re looking for a recruiting manager who will be responsible for managing the Armada recruiting team. The role’s success is based on leading recruiters to reach and exceed goals. Our recruiters provide a mix of contract/temporary placements and permanent/direct hire placements.
This is a full time and permanent position that will be responsible for making that all of our client’s staffing needs are met and that it’s done with a high level of quality and in a timely manner.
You will be responsible for growing a large team of professionals, both onsite and virtual, to ensure the highest standards are adhered to. You will have a deep understanding of the Armada values and will function as an ambassador for the principles of the company.
The regular hours for the position will be Monday – Friday from 8am – 5:00pm. You must also be flexible to working overtime hours, including some weekends, during the business periods with a volume of staff to recruit.
As a manager you will be required to manage your function effectively in order to deliver on monthly set billing targets as well as bring in new business.
What You Will Be Doing (And Hope You’ve Done Before)
- As an individual contributor, partner with Recruiters, Sourcers and Account Managers to ensure an appropriate pipeline is generated for tough to fill roles (volume or skill set)
- Build a relationship with leaders and guides within the organization to be approachable and guide sourcing discussions
- Collaborate with your team to manage clients – work with hiring managers, account management or Armada leads, and key stakeholders to understand recruiting needs and developing strategy to meet hiring goals
- Drive focus within the recruiting team by prioritizing activity, establishing expectations, evaluating profitable business, and measuring success.
- Lead and manage (directly and indirectly) a staff of recruiting professionals through activity and performance metrics, coaching, development, and hiring/firing.
- Prioritize needs and discuss workload with the team
- Continued development and expansion of our recruitment business, client engagement and growth strategies and delivery mechanisms
- User leadership skills to execute to recruiting process, including daily goals meetings – which drive activity and accountability – and recruiter weekly activity reviews – to increase recruiter skill, accountability and performance in a metric based environment
- Use financial and recruiting metrics to make staffing and resource decisions, guide strategy, coach individual team members, and evaluate success.
- Ensure team is compliant with employment law, Armada processes and policies, including technology adoption, specifically our applicant tracking system (ATS) utilization
- Continually assess and address individual performance, team process, and operating model to determine how the market can operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Develop supporting resources and practices to improve recruiting.
- Working with the Account Management team, you will drive the highest levels of client satisfaction, revenue growth, profitability, and strategic thought leadership within an assigned portfolio of clients.
- Utilize data to influence decision and provide visibility into ROI
- Review risk and quality plans to ensure proper communication, mitigation, and continuous improvement
- Drive accountability for tools usage, integrity and enhancement
- Develop and execute sourcing plans to identify and recruit people with skills matching the hiring needs, creating relationships with candidates to facilitate process to drive towards offer acceptance.
- Manage adhoc work – lead miscellaneous department projects.
- BA or BS in Business, HR, Marketing or related field of equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of recruiting experience
- Tenured background in the recruiting profession, through both corporate and/or third-party recruiting (RPO a plus)
- Demonstrate a proven and successful track record in full life cycle recruiting
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of and success using individual and team metrics (financial and recruiting) and measurement systems to manage staff and improve profitability
- Working knowledge of labour and employment laws as well as excellent problem solving, team building, leadership, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Relationship building: Able to build relationships with clients and candidates, internal staff and internal stakeholders. Able to function in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Communication skills: Able to communicate clearly with all customers (hiring managers and candidates) as well as all levels of the organization – including peers, report-to-staff, leadership and all recruiting process stakeholders. Listens well and provides pointed, yet targeted feedback in an appropriate manner.
- Possess knowledge of speciality in which (majority of) recruiters are working (e.g. IT, science, healthcare).
- Experience using an ATS to manage recruiting process and for reporting purposes
- Experience working with social networking tools for recruiting
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Regional Recruiting Manager