Regional Information Communications Technology Advisor Job in Nairobi Kenya
The position will be responsible for providing technical assistance to USG agencies, USG partners, and national government partners, designing and leading high impact ICT strategies and implementations.
- Provide strategic leadership and technology vision for the organization’s ICT program
- Responsible for leading the ICT technical approach across multiple projects in parallel
- Represent Danya before both operational and senior management stakeholders and oversee implementation of activities throughout the Africa region
- Contribute to annual work planning including budgeting, resourcing, and forecasting
- Establish and maintain a productive relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs and community groups for smooth implementation
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Become the go-to person for technology needs definition, scoping, sizing and advisor on key project milestone gate sign-offs where needed.
- Work collaboratively with project staff and US-based headquarters staff to assure proper financial projections, reporting, spending and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Contribute to ensure projects meets set targets
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices among the project teams
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports, and annual reports
- Develops the Quality Delivery approach for the organization by implementing industry standard best practices within scope and budget.
- Computer science or similar technology post-graduate degree with post-graduate level training preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years of senior level experience in designing and implementing ICT programs for social development programs
- Significant experience in design and development of technology solutions to increase international development project impact
- Project work experience with open source technology, social media, online community portals, mobile technology, and on/off connectivity solutions.
- Familiarity with requirements development and managing the design of mobile phone applications
- Demonstrated experience leading large ICT initiatives funded by international donor organizations, preferably funded by USAID or other USG agencies
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable projects by promoting reusability of design and solutions, reusability of portions statements of work where applicable, and alignment of internal team capability with business being pursued and solutions being developed.
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying industry and local best practices and adapting them to program realities including local environment restraints, budget, skillsets, governmental cultures, and stakeholder review/approval procedures
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or Agile Project Management Certification or similar experience
- Excellent grasp of developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) or by using Microsoft Project with respect to contract scope requirements
- Preferred experience and understanding of Behavior Change Communication and Monitoring & Evaluation with respect to Social Programs in Africa.